To get started, log in to your profile at https://secure.healthjump.com/login. You will always land on your dashboard to start.
1. Three places in Healthjump will allow you to request your medical record:
- Connecting to your healthcare provider/location - Radio button on request
- Dashboard tile - Request a Medical Record
- Doctors page and search - Blue icon
2. How your medical record request is responded to depends on whether or not the doctor uses Healthjump. Healthjump connected healthcare provider/locations will have a workflow for getting you medical records through Healthjump. The staff may reply back to you via secure message in Healthjump or call you on the phone. Sometimes the staff may ask what documents you would like to receive, and in some cases they may offer the record to you on paper with a nominal fee associated to completing the request.
3. A non-Healthjump healthcare provider/location medical record request will require that you use your mouse (or finger/stylus in the event of a touch screen) to sign your medical request. At that point Healthjump will send a fax on your behalf to the practice to attempt to obtain your medical record. Your practice may call you to confirm the request. You are encouraged to call the practice to validate the request so they respond in a more timely manner. Again, practices may offer a paper copy of your record for a nominal fee.
In the next lesson, we will cover how to navigate your Health Record on Healthjump.